We have been using and testing various night vision devices for many years. When it comes to night vision binoculars, the Firefield Tracker 1×24 Night Vision Goggle Binoculars are one of the leading products out there. But do they live up to their reputation? We took them to the test to deliver you a complete Firefield Tracker 1×24 Night Vision Goggle Binoculars Review.
The Firefield Tracker 1×24 Night Vision Goggles offer an unbelievable point-by-point ability to observe every minor detail even in the darkness night. A great plus is that they also provide a great image in hazy environments. This makes these night vision binoculars great for hunters who roam through hazy forests in the very early morning.
The Tracker 1×24 are affordable night vision binoculars with a built-in IR infrared illuminator. Thanks to its state-of-the-art technology, it works very energy-efficient leading to a very long battery life. That is actually one of the most important aspects we look at when reviewing night vision devices. There is nothing more frustrating than going through all the preparation for an animal observation or hunt in the middle of the night just to realize that the battery is dead. Thankfully, unless you forgot to add some batteries, this is unlikely to happen with the Firefield Tracker 1×24.
In addition to the battery life, the weight of the device is an important factor. The ergonomically body that is outlined with rubber is really lightweight. This means that is will not create an additional effort during your excercises. It comes with a great and adjustable head-strap for a hands-free use.
Another great feature of the Tracker 1×24 is that the diopters of both eyes can be adjusted separately. That means that for all of us who have one stronger eye that we can still get a sharp image for both eyes. Some lower-market night vision binoculars only offer a central adjustment of the focus.
The Firefield Tracker 1×24 Night Vision Goggle Binoculars offer a visibility at night for up to 300 feet (100 meters).
- Hand held and head mountable operation
- 1x magnification for accurate depth perception and environmental awareness
- High quality gen 1 image resolution
- High power built-in infrared illumination
- compact and ergonomic design
Firefield Tracker 1×24 Product Features
Here is a quick overview of the main features of the Firefield Tracker 1×24:
- Comes delivered with a head mount. Therefore, it allows a hands-free usage – an absolute must for us.
- The lens allows for a 1-x magnification while still keeping the sensation of depth.
- The manufacturing is environmentally-friendly
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- Comes equipped with Gen 1 image resolution resulting in high-quality images
- Long-battery life with Lithium CR123A batteries.
- The ergonomic and compact design
From our product reviews, these were the strong points of the Firefield Tracker 1X24:
- The rubber protection of the exterior makes it a durable night vision device.
- The device is lightweight
- It also works great in suboptimal conditions (fog / rain)
- It comes equipped with a protective casing and a neck strap
- The image resolution is top-notch
- The absolutely affordable price for a night vision device of this quality
Some of the drawbacks that you might face while using the device are:
- There is no autofocus
- The field of view is narrow
As mentioned above, the Firefield Tracker 1×24 night vision binoculars offer a great image quality in total darkness, even in foggy or rainy conditions. It has a great battery life, is lightweight, allows a hands-free usage thanks to the included head mount.
Given the low price, we were really surprised by the overall performance of the Tracker 1×24 in our tests. It will obviously not be able to compete with later generation military-grade devices but keeping in mind that it comes at a fraction of the price, we can absolutely recommend the Tracker 1×24 for everyone looking for a reliable and robust night vision device.